The CCAA is making every effort to include on this page all the materials an AKC judge will need to choose wisely in the show ring. The link to the "Beyond the Standard" is especially valuable. If you are an AKC judge and find yourself in need of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact any of the CCAA-approved breed mentors listed below. The CCAA is enthusiastic to help you get to know our wonderful breed!
CCAA-Approved Breed Mentors:
Jimmy Stanchio, Homosassa, FL
Kathy Cressia, Wallingford, CT
Shauna DeMoss, Cedaredge, CO
Zoe Devita, Purdys, NY
Heather Vitcusky, Mattapoisett, MA
Derek Matson, New Lebanon, OH
Betty Osing, Calgary, AB
Ron Hoser, Coatesville, PA
Requirements to apply to become a
CCAA-approved breed mentor:
- Must be a CCAA member in good standing.
- 12 years of experience breeding or exhibiting the Cane Corso.
- Bred and raised 5 litters on your premises.
- The breeder of record of 4 AKC Champions.
- Must pass a 100-question open book test. The test consists of the following 4 sections with 25 questions per section: A) Canine anatomy and terminology; B) Cane Corso history; C) Judge’s education material; and D) Breed Standard. No more than 2 questions can be answered wrong in each of the first three sections. No question can be answered wrong on the standard test in order to pass. Applicant will be emailed the test by the breed education director at an agreed upon time and given 3 hours to complete the test and email back
- Must pass a brief phone interview with the breed education director.
After the requirements are completed, the applicant will be presented to the BOD for a final approval by majority vote.
Once approved, a mentor falls under the supervision and authority of the breed education director. On the recommendation of the breed education director, a mentor can be removed by majority vote of the BOD.
If you would like to apply to become a Judge's Education Breed Mentor, please email Jimmy Stanchio.